Who still has their ZX2?

As the topic says, who here still has their ZX2?

1 Like

I do! Just a daily driver that makes me not completely hate commuting.

1 Like

My son is driving it daily to school and work.

1 Like

Still have mine. Just turned 71,000 miles.

1 Like

I’ve got mine, getting back to where I want to make it what I couldn’t afford back in the day. 1998 project, I’ve got a 00 red sr project that needs to find a new home as a rather minty yellow sr is coming to live with me probably sometime in the next year

Any pics of the Ref S/R?
Also location?

I still have mine, bought new in 2001 and have over 300,000 miles on it. Clear coat is start ing to peel so a paint job is due soon. Also bought a Vader front bumper cover to give it that new stealth look

1 Like

Oh yeah, still got my '01
Purrs like the day i bought her

1 Like

Hi Guys,

I’m new to the Forum, but have been a ZX2 fan since I bought my first one new, Red, in 1998. I did a decent amount of bolt on upgrades. It was my daily driver as well as track days. It is still in my garage, but the poor thing is in very bad shape. 189,000 Salty Michigan miles do a rusty number on every nut and bolt. I’m actually looking for a clean, rust free, ZX2 to transfer my go fast goodies to and get back into track days at Waterford Hills Raceway. My oldest is starting to drive so we can both get out on the track.

1 Like

98 zx2 here, 230k miles and running strong just a minorish oil leak

1 Like

2003 114K miles still looking good

1 Like

203k, 01. Ac psp delete, tiny crank pulley lightened flywheel SR cams and exhaust mx3 intake rear disks custom built bars front and rear. Gt wagon trans top of 4th gear speedos pinned. Some rare ass rear seats wrx front seats. Started a wire tuck. Batterys in the rear with a 1000rms sub n amp. Soon to pull that more hp better gas don’t need all that dump anymore lol carbon trunk it’s been a fun car but I’m kinda over the 2lt.

2 Likes

I bought mine from the original owner last June, but it has 395,000 miles on it and I have dumped a bunch of money into zeroing everything out. Much to my wife’s disdain. I’d love to convert to rear discs and add some power but it’s fun squirting around the streets of LA.

1 Like