Turbo or Super Charger

Which do you like more? Turbo or Super Charger?

you already know my opinion.

lol that I do :wink:

I would prefer a Super Charger because the power bands are a bit more consistant. I also love instant power.

I say super. Its always there and if your in a low RPM and need to move outta the way from getting hit, you have the extra power already there and if your turbo, and in a low RPM, you will most likely get hit b/c of lag.

Or you could just downshift to bring the RPM’s up and the turbo will get you out of that predicament just fine. Turbocharger installation is easier and cheaper than trying to make a Supercharger work. If you run a 6-7psi turbo you would need a 8-9psi supercharger to achieve the same power because of the power loss for the mechanical operation of the Supercharger. Why do you think people are swapping their superchargers out of Cobalts and Focus for Turbochargers.

Why do you think people are swapping their superchargers out of Cobalts and Focus for Turbochargers.

It is because they are easier to replace or upgrade. Superchargers and Turbochargers have their strengths and weaknesses. Supercharger can have a longer life and compress more air than a Turbocharger, but it’s gonna cost you more ($).

I honestly don’t know the difference. I’ve driven a Cuda that was supercharged, but aisde from that all I know is that it was FAST.

With a 4 cyl I’d go turbo (and have). It takes a certain % of the engine’s power to make power with a supercharger. On a 6 I’d go either way. With an 8 for sure supercharged.

Also I like the fact that the turbo has lag. It takes a bit of time to spool up the turbo, so IMO it’s easier on the drivetrain of our weak Z’s.

unless your a die hard racer, youll be better of with a blower(supercharger), but a small turbo might suit your needs. turbos are better at higher rpms

I have a turbo already so…yea i would stay with a turbo