Ticket...court...etc

Ive gotten pulled over 2 times now. 1 was for doing an illegal U turn ($153.50) and 1 for my tint (5 days to take it off). I dont really run but just in that case, the chance was there so I took it.

well, mirror’s idea won’t work in my neighborhood. the neighbors are the ones that CALL the cops on us. right now we’re a “target house” cops sit across the street all day, but past my house. my bro was like, “da cops r stupid, i’ll get up to 100, but by the time i get to our house, would have already slowed down to pull in to the driveway, and he’s a 1/4 mile past that.” the cops aren’t very bright. damn i hate my neighbors, they keep callin the cops, mostly for loud music, but by law i can have it on as loud as i want til 10 pm. f*ck neighbors, i need to live in the country!

While they are sitting out there, make them some coffee. And the week before Christmas, make them a turkey. Make sure they know where you live. They tend to let things slide more.

Next to my house is a church, next to that is the local Police station. We never have a problem with police. Sure they are up and down our street, but that is because it is a main road in and out to the highway. We sent them cards to the Station on 4th of July and they remembered and let us slide on an out of control party we had.

Here is what I would do

If they ask you why you were going that fast, say something to the effect of, “Well at the time I was pulled over I was entering from a 55 to a 65 zone that I was marked at 77 by the officer. I’m sure the number may be correct but I was not aware of the speed zone change so quickly, I had figured I saw the sign earlier back about one half quarter mile (where they normally place a sign) but I suppose it may have been the sign indicating that the speed was about to change from what I interpreted from the officer, at least that’s what i understood to the best of my knowledge”

Don’t make it sound like you’re weaseling out of it. Make it sound like you are concerned and honestly didnt’ realize your mistake and that you are “apologizing” to the court or the judge. They don’t want to hear that they were wrong, but that whatever happened you are accepting what happened and are sorry. Even if the officer was a douche.

Dress nicely, half the people in court dress like idiots that just woke up, no respect for the court. I was told by someone who dealt with this stuff to dress nicely, be professional, answer his questions with “Yes your honor, no your honor” or “Yes sir no sir”.

I just got back from MY court date and my ticket was thrown out and i got drivign school, not on my record.

Yea, I plan on dressing nice and even getting my hair cut…I look like a hippie (sorry to any hippies). I know that they don’t want to hear that they are wrong, but they were…bastards…anyways, the county I got my ticket in doesn’t offer traffic school…so that sucks…anyways…