supercharger or turbo?

I think it also boils down to personal driving style, which is just as unique an aspect as any choice of mods, perhaps even more so. For example, I like going into turns strong, so for me a supercharger works. My only dislike of turbos is the lag. Though isn’t there some kinda anti-lag system in some turbos these days?

ball bearing turbos

Beyond BB Turbo’s, you also can just size the turbo for the application. Example being the TDO4HI-15G that i am using for my project, it should put out respectable numbers with very little lag.

Other things to do:

1. Reserculater the BOV
  2. Limit unesasary pipe bends
  3. Size your pipe correctly ( boost)
  4. Size your Exhaust correctly
  5. Putting a sparkplug in the exhaust manifold before the turbo. ( not recomended)

Very interesting, didn’t know that.

Holy crap… :expressionless:

5) Putting a sparkplug in the exhaust manifold before the turbo. ( not recomended)

please forgive me if I am missing something, not sure if this is a joke or not, but what would the purpose of doing this be? other then to shoot flames out the exhaust and melt your impeller?

In tractor puller racing it is done all the time, pritty much what you said, yourun a rediculasly big turbo, cause a small explosion in front of the propeller that instantly spools the turbo. Like I said not recomended :mrgreen:

yeah turbo lag isn’t that big of a factor for us

Ill remember this next time I decide to pull a weight cart! lol!

LOL I can’t help but picture a ZX2 strapped to a weight cart and the wheels spinning and spinning then finally the whole car snaps in half and your sitting with your butt on the ground wondering how you’re going to get home. LOL

• Darron

and then you have to ask one of the other competetors to tow you home lol

Thats just too funny… wait one secound… yah, that would be me… not to funny any more

we’ll you would need a bottom end from our store if you go turbo.

no you don’t need it

A bottum end for me??? No I got that covered

then you are two steps ahead of the game and ready for some big numbers brother :mrgreen:

ahead of the game… debatable… big numbers… not realy, I am going very moderite. I am looking for about 250 at the wheels.

Don’t forget. Our cars pounding out 250-300 hp is gonna mean a lot more than say a BMW 3 series, which weighs much more.

go-kart on steroids taking speed…

250 is very respectable… i can’t wait till you’re done bro

thanks for the support, I realy dont care about numbers though, I care about drivinga fun car.