Sorry to ask this again...

Mustang 19lb injectors from what I understand. There is an article on this in the Fuel Control/Delivery section.

The stock ZX2 injectors are 19 lbs.

But from a Mustang…isn’t it a different spray pattern? Or something to that affect?

I purchased 19lb Mustang injectors poped them in. There was no gain at the low end. But after 70mph they the engine wasn’t starving like it did when I had the stock ones in. That is why I believe it has something to do with the way inwhich they spray.

There is also a physical difference between stock Zx2 and stock Mustang. Can someone enlight me why that is?

yeah it was better atamoszation as i remember lol sorry im tipsy now, but yeah it kinda starves at top end some of them are better than others

Probably a more generous duty cycle.

wow, ok, well I ordered a set of 02 mustang injectors and what I ordered and what they got at my dealer were two oddly different things lol, anyway I eventually ended up getting 4 matched F6VE-A5A yellow injectors, they were used in 5.0 HO motors, as far as I know there 19lb but it did run rich till I reset the computer and gave it a few hundred miles to learn better, wow what a difference, I cant wait to get my pcm reprogrammed.

what kind of difference did you notice before and after replacing the injectors?

ok well before, my car idled very roughly, had a strong buck around 2500 rpm, and then would pull decently untill 5k
now I cant even hardly feel it idle, the buck is still there but not nearly as bad, and it pulls a lot harder all the way to redline, I actually have to watch myself to make sure I dont burry the tack.
I ported the head a little bit so fuel trims were around +10% with the stockers in there, and with these new injectors the fuel trims are around negitive 20% which means I added a 30% duty cycle bump. The injectors I put in there are 19#'s or suppose to be at least, the part number was F6VE-A5A they came out of late model 5.0 explorers, there all yellow new style. I would strongly recommend this upgrade, if you have an opened up intake and exhaust and other mods this will bring them to life.

oh ps if you do this modd, you will have to modify the injectors a little bit, there is a little plastic thing on the end, it just pops off you have to get rid of that for them to fit into our manifolds, also erase kam unhook the battery if you dont have a scantool trust me if you dont do that it will run rich as hell for a few hundred miles,

what is the best aftermarket chip?

and good heads up on the injector; will definitely look into hooking that up…

All chips do the samething, the difference is how they are achieved.

Superchips old Blue add on was place directly onto the computer with a specific burn. To turn off, you must remove the chip. Also can be used in conjunction with the Racer Pro Package.

The Diablo works the same way the Superchip works only it has an on/off switch.

X2 is a program reader/modifier. You can get up to 4 customs tunes saved. They will modify the tunes specific for your car and you can save your own. Also can be used in conjunction with the Racer Pro Package.

These are the only ones I about. I’m sure there are probably others out there.

i have a blue chip, but would rather have sct…

Here’s a link on an ongoing discussion about SCT. Dyno tuning is a must…

Linky