powerworks s/c

Ive called powerworks a few times on making this happen. Know it seams i’ve help spark some real interest from them. AS of now they are woorking w/ rob from zx2tuner on doing some modifing there Svtzx3 s/c w the vct . into a bolt on zx2 kit.

as we all here the sounds of jaws hitting the floor… then the sudden crashing thunder of a thousand zx2 owners cheering!!!

lol!!!

Its good to see that there is still development for our car!

Yeah, I’ve been following the thread closely on teamzx2.com

I spoke w the guy at powerworks today and the Superchargerzx2 project has been given a buisness case project. To guage interest and future interest in the s/c theve already figured out some mounting probs. and belt routing has been figured out so this might be real w000t

WHOOHOO!

sweet!!!

very cool

http://x402.putfile.com/3/5922260196.jpg

http://x402.putfile.com/3/5922270374.jpg

just to wet your whistle lol

You you notice, that is the one from Focus Sport
*located at the bottom of the page.

YEP THATS THE KIT BUT ITS NOT GOING 4 THAT PRICE THATS W/ FOCUSSPORTS MARKUP I THINK THEY WERE SAYING LIKE 3600 OR AROUND THERE

Not only does that look like a lemonade stand, but its also missing the cam belt tensioner if anyone else realizes that.

i noticed that to its the contour/cougar zetec vct but the point is that it bolts up!!! bthe rest we can overcome…
also checkout the exaust mani… it’s the 2.0spi i never would have thought it woould bolt up to the zx2 but it opens the door to other header and turbo options

I’m not sure but that belt routing configuration looks a little off. It may cause some rubbing issues as well as lowered belt life if routed like the picture.

I dont think it will rub, look directly under the alternator the next time your under you car. there’s room :slight_smile: I don’t think the problem is haveing it bolt on right, just configuring it for VCT. the regular powerworks kit, and Jackson Racing s/c are intended for the focus and the recal is programed for it only… (non vct)

in the pic its the one 4 the svt focus that has vct on the intake cam. the kit is still a work in progress robs got a lot of projects that are coming out soon so its been put on the back burner a little the best hope right now is te one from Seam BMW Performance shop. its a twin screw set up like the Ford GT and the new Saleen mustangs