Power skipping: trans, differential, or motor mounts?

My 2003 ZX2 (5speed manual) has 77,000 miles on it and one day while turning and shifting hard into 2nd something popped. I was still able to drive the car, but only for a few days.

The problem is that the power from the engine to the wheels starts skipping when the wheels are not straight. If my wheels are straight I can baically give it full power (even drove it up the ramps without a problem), but as soon as I turn the wheels it feels like the clutch pops out and back in, in a rather violent manner. Now it just feels like that, i do not suspect the clutch since that wouldn’t make since, thats just the way it feels. I have put in new CV axels on BOTH sides. Some people have told me it could be worn motor mounts making the transmission/diff come out of alignment.??

The engine does move around kind of a lot while just revving it up in neutural. The trans shifts into all gears easily and doesn’t pop out or grind. The clutch pedal feels like it always has, normal.

Any help/ideas/questions would be awesome!

I love my ZX2 and have had it since it had 15,000 miles on it.

Is the condition exactly the same as before you changed the axles? If so, then you have hurt your differential. If not, then I would revisit the axles to check for a defect or improperly seated axle.