me Vs. Friends 4.6 T-bird

dead for a week but… oh well.

so NY only tests for the lights and they dont check the pipe? :smiley: good deal…

and yeah. your first mods should be… Kemanized intake(cheap+effective), UPD, then exhaust… that should do you best. after full bolt on sct would be a good option. good luck.

alrighty then :smiley:

I was always under the impression that the Keman intake took out the CTA, since it gave the better overall gains. If you measure “goodness” from peak power, rather than looking at the overall curve… well then Civics should rock our world, but they don’t. In the “shootout” that ZX2racing did, it shows that the Keman intake had the better gains over a broader spectrum. The Hotshot did seem to just come in and rape the others with its >4,000 RPM gains though. http://www.zx2racing.com/shootout/data/data_chart.htm

I wouldn’t go with the UDP. By slowing down the Accessories, you weaken your A/C. Since I have a higher than average normal body temperature, and I live in California… I can’t afford any sacrifices to my A/C.

I live in CA too, but I got along with my UDP this:

[url=https://www.zxtuner.com/displayProductDocument.hg?productId=180&categoryId=17]https://www.zxtuner.com/displayProductD ... egoryId=17[/url]

Should help ballance out the difference.

Isn’t that for the alternator though? I don’t care about underdriving my alternator, since I plan on removing my stereo. It’s the A/C that I don’t want to have underdriven. Or does overdriving your alternator make it so that your A/C is no longer underdriven? I don’t see how it’d work unless the A/C pulley is directly dependent on the alternator pulley.

I coulda sworn is was. Can anyone else confirm? Altogether I’m not worried. Even with Melinda in the car we’ve never used the A/C on max.

A/C has it’s own “pulley” in the serpantine belt path. (hence two different belts one for w/ one for w/o) I’m unsure of the effects of putting the UDP on. But I would imagine that if you put a UDP on and need the ODP for the alternator, it may affect the A/C the same way.

• Darron

The UDP runs the serpantine belt.

I personally have change my UDP to an Esslinger UDP which is smaller. I do have A/C and the UDP has very little effect on the A/C. MAX A/C does work with the UDP, but at idle just the fan blows.

You don’t need an ODP for alternator when using a UDP. I have been using my UDP without problems, the alternator has been running fine. No loss in electrical power while running. The dash lights are dimmer when at idle, but I don’t believe you need to see how fast you are going when stopped.

If you do get a ODP, it will be counter productive to the UDP. Think of the bicycle gears; the small gear on the wheel requires more work to turn.

Get the UDP. Great upgrade.

Really? Damn. Like I said, I bought one, haven’t installed it yet. I do want my accessories to run at normal power, but are you saying this will completely negate the positive effects of the UDP?

I do want my accessories to run at normal power, but are you saying this will completely negate the positive effects of the UDP?

No…not completely, only slightly. You would have to change all the pulleys sizes in order to completely negate the effects.

If you do use an ODP you will increase the number rotations at idle. So your dash won’t dim or dim as much as mine without the ODP.

Oh I get you. I’ll still get the power at takeoff minus a fraction if I didn’t have the ODP. That’s no biggie. With the upcoming SCT chip I can make adjustments.

Unfortunately, sitting in traffic in California summer heat is when I need it the most. Oh well, sucks that I’ll never be able to have the privilege of having this good power adding mod.

Just turn it to regular A/C and cool air will come out. An SCT would be a good mod because by raising the rev limiter, you negate the dimming and also keep the A/C compressor going at a good speed, so that you will get cool air sitting at idle.

The only difference between a/c and “max” is that on max the air is recirculated inside the car and in normal fresh air is drawn in from outside and cooled so it shouldn’t make a difference on that part. Also only time A/C may be affected by the slower drive speed is at idle. Don’t think it would affect A/C operation too much.