JBA Header install

Ok, so Krystal and Luc both told me to get ahold of the proper bolts to install my JBA header, but that is proving extremely difficult. Most auto parts stores I went to say they don’t support the JBA brand, even Kragen which is where Krystal said they should have the parts. I’m now wondering if the guys at her Kragen were jerking her around just to get some cash out of her and I wanted to throw this question out for those who have installed headers. I have new gaskets from Ford and if I use that with the stock bolts is everything going to work properly? Or does each custom header require specific bolts?

I reused factory bolts for the manifold/block part. I only used some high strength “universal” bolts for the downpipe/flexpipe joint 'cause the factory ones were wicked nasty rusted. In otherwords, just use factory bolts.

• Darron
I reused factory bolts for the manifold/block part. I only used some high strength "universal" bolts for the downpipe/flexpipe joint 'cause the factory ones were wicked nasty rusted. In otherwords, just use factory bolts.

I disagree. The header bolts are subjected to torque on the initial install and Heat and weather overtime. This cause the bolts to become weak quicker then they would in a normal application (untorqued, unheated). It is always a good idea to get new bolts with an installation like this.

With that being said… I too would use the old bolts, out of laziness.

No worries, found the specs on the bolts.

if you’re still lookiong at this post where do you acquire aJBA header i’ve loked around online, but all i can locate is the damn pacesetter header that i’ve already got installed and keeps cracking on me. btw the 4-2-1 on ebay’s price looks nice, but i can’t help but notice there’s no flex-pipe at the O.E. location, which was the contributing factor in the first set of header cracks. i fabbed a piece of straight 2.25 between the gutted cat and the rear flange on initial install. my mistake having knowledge of FWD “engine-roll.” anyway what’s the best bang for the buck as far as headers go?

For parts, this is all thanks to mirroguardian.

http://forum.zx2ms.com/index.php?topic=801.0

I like my Kamikaze, but like you said there’s no flex pipe left. I had one put in AFTER the joint for the header/catback. No issues thus far.

• Darron