I'm 100% sober!

I went to my rehab class, and my group leader said herbal supplements might dilute my urine… But I saw an old friend in there that I went to middle and high school with, that was cool. The class didn’t really have a purpose today, we watched the movie Crash, to learn about cultural diversity. :lol: My group leader has an Indian or Pakistani accent which I think is sexy. :smiley: I felt out of place in there, I was the only one in there for weed. :expressionless: I don’t know what to expect from this therapy but I always meet interesting people there.

Sorry, as a LA resident, and as someone who likes WELL WRITTEN PLOTS, I HATED THAT FILM.

It just did so many thing to provoke a reaction that it just got tedious.

Sorry if I just ticked off a few people who liked that film.

It was over rated at best.

Two months sober and counting. The other night I was hanging out with my friends, they were getting high, but I had absolutely no urge to join in, not that they would’ve let because of my legal situation, but still I was proud of myself. On a side note, while I was visiting my probation officer today, there was a guy all dressed up in a very nice suit, but no socks, I thought that was funny. I’ve learned that a lot of intelligent people have substance abuse problems.

Well its good that you made it this far :wink: Just keep it up. Also I am not trying to tell you who to hang out but it might also help if you find some friends that aren’t into weed or that type of thing. Just a thought. Also another thought maybe find a local AutoX chapter and join in. Surround yourself with car guys :wink:

Bravo, and I second Chris’ recommendation.

It’s hard to find corner carvers here in Huntsville, only 1320 junkies. Plus I can’t escape my family, but I do understand what y’all mean.

Maybe you could move some place and get a fresh start? Not like a different state but maybe a bigger city close by possibly?

I used to drink a lot, but I’ve tried to slow down on it a bit. Since I came to England, I’ve been drinking a lot more.

I can go through a case on the weekend pretty easy. I only drink beer now, no more hard stuff. It just tastes gross anyways.

Good luck with being sober man. I know when I was smoking weed a lot (a LOT), I was almost affraid of being sober. I got myself out of that situation, and I’m glad I did. I still feel stupider (mentally) for the fact, but my head is pretty cleared up. If you are going to be sober, don’t just do it for a year though. Make it permanent. Otherwise you will probably fall into the same old traps.

Still clean and sober. It’s so boring not having a license, there’s only so much work that can be done in a day, then there’s nothing to do. At least British Touring Car, and the SCCA races are on T.V. All we do in my mental health program is talk about getting high, watch movies or play Uno or Clue. Last week they were trying to brainwash me saying that taking risks was irrational, all I could think about is a little Focus gliding 10 feet in the air :lol: . The job hunt is going nowhere, probably cause’ I make smart comments about reliable transportation and not having any incentive for working other than not going to jail. It’s been fun being sober, though I think I’m more of a danger to myself and others than when I was always laid back. Anyways stay off drugs (including alcohol and nicotine :wink: ), try and stay single, don’t blow all your money on videogames and clothes, and you’ll have a fast car in no time. Deuces.

Congrats man! keep it up! I know it can be tough!

I think the point that your mental health program was trying to get at was the fact that an adrenaline rush (such as comes from taking an risk. i.e… sky diving, high speed driving)can be quite similar to a drug induced high. However alot of people getting rid of one addiction take up another.

I dont know about you being more of a danger now then when you were ‘always laid back’. Life’s an adventure, take the risk and have fun with it, but be responsible about it and learn lifes lessons. That’s how self improvement works.

Again, Keep up the good work!

Still clean and sober, and I’ve finished my mental health sessions today. Just been working at my boring job, not much else. Been driving more often, and have been lucky not to get any tickets. That’s it.

outstanding bro keep up the good work…

Nice, Very Nice!

http://www.borat.tv/ms_blog/cannes.jpg

im ready to go become an alcoholic got a block back from being line bored and they drooped something in the cylinder and nick a chuck out of my freashly bored cyider and i have to have the engine done in two weeks… isnt that life