Head and Piston Pitting

So heres the question… Could pitting on the head (cylinder 1) and pitting on the piston (cylinder 1) cause the head gasket to blow? It is a very small piece out of (of course you guessed it) cylinder 1 on the head gasket. The reason I ask is… the pitting on the head and the top of the piston is ONLY because a dumb ass mechanic busted a spark plug in my motor. It was the cylinder 1 spark plug. I already had the head milled…

“the pitting on the head and the top of the piston is ONLY because a dumb ass mechanic busted a spark plug in my motor. It was the cylinder 1 spark plug. I already had the head milled…”
Which means there is foreign material ,and debris floating in your engine.So,yes,it could.It’ll most likely cause cylinder/piston scoring as well.As far as the mechanic goes ,I’m not doubting the veracity of your statement.Just ,be aware that the plug is steel,the head aluminum.Dis-similar metals have a tendency to seize .Meaning,it isn’t an unusual problem.

Thanks! I am fighting with the mechanic to make him pay for the cost of replacing the head gasket and the head mill and the top of the piston flat and not pitted anymore. He says it isn’t his fault. Of course not, the spark plug broke itself and now I should sue the plug company right? He’s an idiot that just doesn’t want to pay $1300. If he keeps it up my bill for him will be 5k. If he doesn’t pay I know he can’t fix his own car because he couldn’t even put a spark plug in mine. Sugar and small bouncy balls is all I need to say!

I should have made my last line a little clearer.I’m thinking it was the plug being removed that broke.If that’s the case,the mechanic to go after would be the last one that did the tune up,not the one trying to remove the plug.His only fault was assuming the last one did it correctly.An anti-seize compound should have been applied to the threads to prevent the seizing I mentioned.And sugar and bouncy balls are just a way to end up in legal trouble yourself.

yes, agree