ES rear motor mount bushings

now i know why people dont like putting them in…

car is still on jack stands 12 hours later and minus 2 crossmembers. only thing holding my engine / transmission in are my engine mounts.

Ohy. You got pics? I’m currently doing a rear disk swap and throwing the ES bushings in while I’m at it.

Sorry bud. I was too busy trying to figure out what I needed to do in order to get to the back mount. I busted one of the cross member bolts also and my father spent an hour trying to take off a nut that was welded to the frame (Yes he tried desperately and was unsuccessful) so I wasn’t thinking about pictures or making a tutorial.

I can write something up really quick, if you want. but no pictures.

Here you go: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

http://forum.zx2ms.com/index.php?topic=1739.0

Sweet. Thx dude.

When you do a rear mount es bushing on a tranny , you must remove both font and back crossmembers , the loosen the three tranny bolts about a half inch just to get to it . The only thing holding the car up is the jack ( that you should be using ) and the two left and right upper engine mounts . When I did mine it was a bitch , but well worth the 3 hours . There is absolutely no engine movement even with my Gude stage 2 turbo kit .