Automatic tranny real weird?

ok, so for the last i’d say 2 weeks now my auto tranny has been shifting funny, not at the right time goes thru 1,2,3rd then back to 2nd where it needed to be. This all started after i was a dummy and tried driving it with a bad alternator and just kept charging the battery till i could go get the alt. and yes i needed a jump several times to the point of it wouldnt stay running. Now the Main Problem is this morning I went to leave and put the car in reverse and it wouldn’t do anything. ok?? so i go for neutrul just push it out of my driveway and il look at it later, thats not happenign b/c park is park reverse is park neutrul is drive and the rest are all drive??? can anyone help me with this or any idea.

almost forgot, after driving it for a little bit the service engine soon light comes on and will stay on thill the car fully cools down??? i am so lost with this car. i might just want to sell it as a parts car for 500 ( its got benz tail lights)

regarding tranny… is the fluid level correct?
is the fluid pink of does it have a brownish color?
does the fluid smell burned?

as for the check engine light, run a code scanner to see what the issue is.

is the cooling system working ok? any overheating issues? any leaks?

rob

well i didnt get a chance to get the codes done and now the light is off but now i have all gears back but it shimmies and jump real bad from a stop and if its not doign that the it slipps just barely fluid level is good but it started smokign when it shimmied the first time out the dip stick spot so now its a little burnt and brown??? when it shimmies and jump it feel like my passenger wheel is gonna kick out

sounds like the first thing you need to do is change the fluid and see if that helps. It might be too late though if smoke is coming from the dipstick tube (ouch!)

best way to do it is with a siphon hose and about 10-15 quarts of fluid. you siphon it by sticking the hose down the dipstick tube and drawing all you can from the pan, then measuring what you took out and replace that exact quantity with new fluid. Then start it up and run the car thru all gears at least once… reverse and all forward gears to flush out the inners with the now semi-clean fluid.

next step is to then repeat the process and refill, then run it thru the gears again. do this until the fluid comes out sparkling clean and burn smell free

if you’re lucky, this will be enough to save your trans for at least another year or so. if not… well you’re out an afternoon of mess and a 30 bucks worth of atf but its a small price to pay for a potential tranny save.

rob

I’d drop the pan. With this looking for any kind of debris inside of it. With cleaning the pan and getting any kind of metal out of the magnet as well. Also do a filter change. If you have a clogged filter this can cause several issues with your valve body since there isn’t enough pressure to full function the transmission.

well i have decided to just do a parts swap, $300 come swap any part you want with mine except the rims, dont forget about the carbon fiber hood just needs to be re cleared, newer springs, timing belt, do a motor swap for all i care as long as it runs a little bit lol guy i got it from told me it had tokiko (however its spelt) springs and shocks struts whatever you wanna call them and the int is pretty clean

oh well - good luck to you…