A cruel joke.

Or a dream?

http://www.top100musclecarsites.com/Ford-ZX2.html
[url=http://news.windingroad.com/auto-news/spied-ford-focus-zx2-rebirth-and-new-sedan/#more-1714]http://news.windingroad.com/auto-news/s ... #more-1714[/url]

No thats the late 07 ZX2 It based on the Euro model ive seen pics of the front. It kind of reminds me of a Tempo/ZX2/EGT mix

late 07? so i guess that means the project was squashed by ford?

I havent been keeping up to date lately.

I think it was some type of typo…

I remember seeing an Automart book with a ZX2 for $86,???, I though about sending that ad to Jay Leno. :lol:

That second article looks promising…I hope they do it.

• Darron

Though I can’t help thinking that the weight to power ratio is gonna be WAY off.

The second article:

It looks like a Cobalt or even a G6 which is from the same family of vehicles. That new car looks about as big as the Fusion, so why would they want to compete against themselves. I say go back to the basic layout of the old Zx2 or Focus and build from there.

Change the body style but the interior layout is fine. Preferably use the Zx2 layout because it is a superior layout considering they had Mazda do all the suspension work. But change the body panels, upgrade the transmission, computer and use the Zetec w/o the damn VCT.

I agree with you nick exept one thing. The ZEtec is a old engine platform. Upgrade it to the 2.3 Mazda motor and offer a V6 model in a S/R package.(or any other true sport badgeing) The V6 should be at least 225hp or in the area.

i doubt it… why would you make a car with the same old engine, at least put a duratec in it like the focus.

that other car pic looks like a hyundai accent i hate it. dear god if ford is trying to do it please don’t let them, they’ll screw it all up.

Well there isn’t anything wrong with the Zetec engine. But the engine can be updated to produce more power. Honda has produced the new Si with 194HP N/A. You mean to tell me that Ford can’t produce the same horsepower? Perhaps they have given in.

Fuel costs have risen in the past 3 years; most notably in this past year. To build another V6/I4 car would be nice but should compete with their own Fusion. That’s why I say to keep the Zx2/Focus an economy car or a Sports Compact car. I say stay with the I4 Zetec or I4 Duratec and keep it economical.

When it comes to building cars there are Federal regulations on car makers to have an Average MPG. Produce the higher economical cars is in Ford’s best interest.

The longer an engine is out there on the market, the more aftermarket parts will be produced for it.

im not saying put the V6 in any model just a S/R or SVT . I’m not sure if Ford is still making the Zetec or is it a base engine now for the Focus. IDK. but they should at least make a more powerfull performer if they want to keep up with the Honda’s, Chevy, Dodge conterparts

thats what we are for to make the zetec competitive…

AS far as the name my sources say its going to be called the ZX2 or the ZXC

Ah yes, the ZX Crap.

I agree with you nick exept one thing. The ZEtec is a old engine platform. Upgrade it to the 2.3 Mazda motor and offer a V6 model in a S/R package.(or any other true sport badgeing) The V6 should be at least 225hp or in the area.

I don’t see them putting a V6 in. To heavy in the front of a small car. Probably the 2.3 Turbo motor instead. More power too.

it shouldn’t bear the name ZX2

[/quote]
Ah yes, the ZX Crap.
[/quote]
lol ZXC is for coupe but they are also considerig bringing the cabriole over. THen that would be a ZXC