A/C Problem Fixed (CCRM)

The Constant Control Relay Module (CCRM) was the source of my A/C not working. It had been out for about a week and was pure torture. For those that are not familiar, the CCRM is the little box below the air filter that houses 5 relays on a printed circuit board. The relays send power to the a/c clutch, fuel pump, and PCM among other things. Before going to the dealership to buy the $172 part, I decided to open it up and have a look see. After drilling out the rivets that hold the housing together I opened it up and quickly realized that a solder had broken off. Looks like my hot shot intake shook it into submission. After scraping the rubber down to the copper tracing I soldering the living crap out of it so that it wouldn’t happen again. I then rivoted it shut and added some padding between the bracket and chasis, and between my custom air box and the CCRM housing. The a/c is back on and is as cold as ever because I added some refrigerant after listening to all the self proclaimed mechanics at work. Anyhow, I couldn’t find anything on the web that went into this much detail so I thought that I would post this to try and help all you sweaty bastards out there that are driving without a working a/c. :lol:

much appreciated! my A/C still works, but if i ever start having a problem with the CCRM ill come looking for this post.