500Hp RWD ZX2 AFFORDABLE Application

Any updates on this?

• D-Block

If you have the patience and time , anything is possible. Iā€™ve seen a ford fiesta lay down 329 hp , so believe . When you modify a car , its not about money , its about making your dreams come true .

Good to hear somebody else is out for doing RWD!!!

Im planning for the XR6t motor from the Ford Performance Vehicles in Australia. The engine is an inline 6 cylinder, 4.0 liter turbo engine.

THE BELOW INFORMATION IS WHAT I HAVE FOUND FOR THEIR CARS

Its rated at 400 ft-tq from 2000rpm till 4250 rpm and slowly fading off and 330hp running the stock 7-9psi. That is with a horribly restrictive exhaust and intake.

After driveterrain loss stock ones put out around 291hp at the rear wheels.

With only around $1,500 in mods the guys are seeing around 410hp and 530 tq.

($1,500 in mods)
60# injectors (future planing)
Highflow cat
Aftermarket BOV
Billet water pump gears

Add CAPA tuning (SCT for Australian Fords) and you are looking at 455hp and 550tq at the wheels. All the above while using stock exhaust.

NOW WHERE MY CAR COMES INTO PLAY W/ THE CUSTOM 4" EXHAUST

After the engine swap and $2,500 or so into mods/exhaust, I should be around 550hp and 635tq at the rear wheels.

Engine also bolts up to the T5 and T56 which are used in mustangs. Then you figure use a mustang 8.8 rear end (you are going to have to strenghten the unibody with rails of some sort, hiding mine in the rocker panels then wrapping up and around the rear axle like other vehicles).

The tranny and rear end can be easily had b/c of all the Mustangs.

Those are my plans at leastā€¦ Nizpro has some different stage engines. Their project engine is pushing 1,100 hp

You figure 550hp and 635tq at the rear wheels in a ZX2 is going to be crazy LOL. I cant wait, hopefully be done before 2009. Still in planing/pricing stages right now.

I say SCREW the stock 2.0 4 banger.

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I think that the ztech can hold its own with a littleā€¦ er, lot of love.

Ehhhhā€¦ Im going to go with yea, but how reliable? The setup I mentioned about, all you have to do from there is upgrade rods and pistons and you can up the boost even more. The setup Im planning for is going to be unique and also powerful.

Sounds destructiveā€¦I love it!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

• Darron

i dunnoā€¦ this jungle drift guy doesnā€™t seem to be very trustworthy. seems kinda shady to me. making a fwd car into rwd isnā€™t just about installing some brackets. The entire geometry of the car has to be taken into effect. i wouldnā€™t trust anyone to do that without an engineering degree.

It wouldnt take an engineering degreeā€¦ Just patience and a metric mesuring device. Its all about getting the stuff square to the car within 3mm. Our cars if wrecked can ā€œlegallyā€ be out up to 3mm but they will still be fine out 5mm. Doing a project like this wont be one that is rushed either, its going to take a lot of measuring, frustration, and head scratching haha.

well i was exagerating about the degree thing. I just wouldnā€™t put all my trust into someone who just decided to post up and completely support Jayco, when Jayco hasnā€™t even really done anything. he is saying he can make a rwd or awd conversion thatā€™s affordable. i call bs. all iā€™m saying is that to think this is an easy task or a simple add brakets and youā€™re good to goā€¦ is being naive, and i think that newbies who donā€™t really realize what it would take for this are going to end up with a car in ten thousand peices and a few brakets that donā€™t do anything

I completely agree.

Seeing as how Jayco just cut and ran, I suggest locking the threads pertaining to his products.

At least I got a manual that describes a ATX to MTX swap out of my communication :smiley: with him.

amen to that brother

Hey darth, If you want I will dig up my check list that had it step by step.

Could you? A checklist would be awesome.

mite take a couple of daysā€¦

lol, seeing as how I just got a round of new parts, Iā€™m not gonna be collecting the stuff for a few days.

About how much would the turbo kit be without the RWD conversion or tranny swapp?

zx2_zetec_vct - Word of warning Jayco Automotive is not a trusted seller. This RWD / Turbo conversion will likely never see the light of day.

Also, welcome to the site!

Thanks ironmark, so there will never really be a reliable turbo kit for the zx2 huh?

As far as turbo kits, I am not sure exactly what the options out there are. I have not looked into turboā€™s.

However I do know that there are plenty of people with Turbo experience that would be willing to answer questions. There have also been plenty of threads on the subject. You should try using the search function and find threads that are relevant to Turboā€™s.

Most, if not all, of the turbos out there have been custom by the owners of the cars. As far as I know there is not a ā€œkitā€ per say.

**Note: I forgot about the Gude Kit. However I believe you would have to get a used Gude Kit.