$400 for mods

Okay, so… I just got a bone stock zx2, nothing upgraded at all, I’ve already changed everything for routine maitenance. I have some money and I am setting $400 for upgrades. I’m not going to have anymore money for a quite a while, so it would be a waste to put in power adders that are barely noticable by themselves. What do I get?

a cheap ebay intake and sct

Boooo to ebay intakes, a modified stock one would be just as effective… and I already did that, lol. Does anybody know if the zxtuner intakes are any good?

what year is your car? I would have to go with UDP, Springs, and 21mm sway bar out of a junk yard… and if you have enough money left over I would say poli bushings for the bar.

BamaChips and purchase a SCTx2. Final Cost is about $413.00. Get the $13 from somewhere else. Best power adder out there.

Why wouldn’t a multi-program chip be just as effective? O, and would a suspension change be reasonable in the $400 range?

1. Remove the lower resonator
    replace the upper resonator with a 7.5" long 2.5" OD piece of flared schedule 40 PVC
    buy a K&N drop-in filter

2. Get a ZXTuner under-drive crank pulley

3. Get a ZXTuner short throw shifter

4. Get a standard burn single program 4 bank SCT

Later on upgrade to atleast 195/55/15 performance all-season V rated tires

Why wouldn't a multi-program chip be just as effective? O, and would a suspension change be reasonable in the $400 range?

It would be, but if you upgrade later, you might need to change the settings in the program. I’m not sure what your end goal is. But with an X2 if you bore out your cylinders, add forced induction, want to change when your fan comes on; instead of sending your chip back to be reflashed every time, you could just get a SCTx2 and do it yourself.

A chip would be just as effecitive, you are absolutely right.
But what IF?
—You need to change a setting
—Want to data log your car’s computer
—Need to switch to a different program (don’t you have to pull out the center concole again)
—You want to seriously upgrade and purchase the ProRacing Package

This all leads back to the question you have to ask yourself, “What is my goal with this car?”