Up for sale is a 99 zx2 “hot”, manual trans with 118k on the clock. I have the use of a company vehicle, so this car has sat unused for about a year (except from occasional drives around the block). I am selling because I have too damn many vehicles in my driveway, and maybe another project coming home soon.
I replaced the tires last January, and they can’t have more than 1500 miles on them. I also replaced the front pads and rotors, and the emergency brake cables at the same time. The alternator has been replaced in the past 2 years, and the transmission was replaced with a junkyard pull at about 80k or so (clutch was replaced at the same time).
The car also has the following mods:
- short shifter
- energy suspension bushings (some are not installed, but come with the car)
- S/R rims (original rims come with the car)
- progressive springs and S/R struts (struts have maybe 20 or 30k on them)
- Diablo chip (doesn’t disable the speed limiter for some reason)
- MSD coil pack
- Short ram intake ( I think it’s a weapon R)
- white faced gauges, with blue numbering (some bubbles in the gauge faces)
- panasonic head unit, sony 6 1/2’s in the doors, infinity 5x7’s on the deck, and a 10" sub in the trunk.
Now for the problems:
The car needs a windshield, battery, and the brake fluid needs to be changed. I lost the keyless entry pads a looong time ago, and the passenger door doesn’t unlock with the unlock button for some reason (I never bothered to see what the issue is). There are a couple of small holes in the dash from a monster tach (no longer installed), and some of the interior panels are missing their fasteners. The factory tach is off by several hundred RPM’s. The amps and sub work, but I never finished the installation properly (lost interest).
Overall, the car runs great. The a/c and heater work fine, and the car drives straight (had an alignment when the tires were replaced). The body has some small dings and a fair amount of scratches, but as you can see from the pics it cleans up pretty well.
Pics can be found here: http://s723.photobucket.com/albums/ww23 … ofdst/zx2/
Looking to get 2k or best offer on the car. Email any questions to email@example.com.
Edit Timing belt was replaced at around 70 or 80k as well.