zxtuner

Any bobdy else having problems getting a trans from zxtuner. cause i have been whating for several months now and when i call I can’t get through.

According to folks on that other site Rob’s uber busy and all alone.

• Darron

yea, he just sent my Ford Racing Wires yesterday. 1.5 weeks after rotors arrived here. I dont really mind tho because I have seen so many delays because he is a 1 man team. So I expected some delay.

Just get a junkyard tranny. The ZXtuner tranny is no different.

Is it true that the escape tranny has better gearing for the swap?

I don’t know about better gearing, but I think it’s heavier duty. Man…I seem to need my signiture a lot lately…

• Darron

Yeah, he interchanged some gears with ones from the Escape… the one I’m postive about is the higher (numerically lower) ratio for the 5th gear. It’s meant for higher cruising speeds. (Essentially like having a 6 speed, and taking out the 5th gear… You have good acceleration, and the last ratio is tall for cruising.)

SO if i swapped to an escape tranny it would hold up better? longer? is it just a bolt on thing? or are there more involved… sorry to be off subject.

If you get the tranny from the 4 cylinder version I dont see why not but then again, I should have Foos Fights’ signerature “WARNING! I probably have no idea what I’m saying, doing or thinking…you have been formally warned.” for this one

Well due to me looking at a different car for autox i’m looking to mod the zx2 for longevity…

Escape tranny is not the same bolt pattern. Some holes don’t even line up. Just better getting another ZX2 tranny. Try if you want and get a Escape 5th gear but I’m not sure on the fitment.

Did you look at the escape tranny for the correct engine??? As in the 4 cyl version not the 6 cyl? Then again, havent looked or compared the 2, HEY, WHAT IF YOU SWAPPED THE 6 Cyl into our car? LOL If the 4&6 cyl fit in the escape, why wouldnt it fit in our car??? LMAO While your at it, you could make the car 4wd! or go further and make it AWD. ROFLMAO

Hahahahaha, I can’t tell you HOW MANY times this idea has come up.

I simply saw the idea and didn’t know about it, thats why I asked…

My answer to you is this…

http://www.vhtrc.org/fourplay/2003/coyote-poop.jpg

I’m taking a dump on your sarcastic reply :slight_smile:

you know… the really funny thing about KoiHoshi’s post…

as I was scrolling down looking at the new replys, my father was just coming out of the bathroom. As soon as I saw the picture, i smelled the reek that was my fathers creation.

so I basically go the whole ole factory / visual experience there…

lol

LOL that’s quite disturbing.

LOL!! EEWWWW!! GROSS!!

-Miranda

purely coincidental…

:shock: AWESOME!!!
  • Darron
Yellow2000S/r wrote: Did you look at the escape tranny for the correct engine??? As in the 4 cyl version not the 6 cyl? Then again, havent looked or compared the 2, HEY, WHAT IF YOU SWAPPED THE 6 Cyl into our car? LOL If the 4&6 cyl fit in the escape, why wouldnt it fit in our car??? LMAO While your at it, you could make the car 4wd! or go further and make it AWD. ROFLMAO

Pip wrote:
Hahahahaha, I can’t tell you HOW MANY times this idea has come up.

Hey now! Not everyone is letting go of that idea till they have nothing else to do :smiley: