Witty comebacks

Ok… i’m not sure how many of you work with customer service (up close or over the phone) but there have been times where people say things that totally set you off, but at the same time set themselves up for great comebacks. So post things you’ve WANTED to say, or been tempted to say but just not said because you know you’re controlled enough not to do so lol or unless it’s your last day.

Here’s some of mine… Keep in mind these are mostly computer related, I do work in tech support. but feel free to post yours whatever they are related to!

them “Hi my internet doesn’t work and my computer won’t turn on. Are you having an internet outage?”
me “Well we sure aren’t having an outage with internet but if your computer won’t turn on and you’re asking me that question it would seem you’ve had a lack of intelligence, have you rebooted your brain recently?”

them “I had my sony rep come over and check on my tv and do it’s yearly checkup, but now i dont’ get any sound.”
me “Oh thats interesting, are you sure he hooked it all up right? Either that or you may want to make sure he didn’t diagnose it with test-tubular cancer or possibly tv-std’s?”

them “RAHHHHH Do you have any IDEA how long I’ve been on hold? GGRRRRRR”
me “Apparently not long enough to cool off, hang on hit hold button

them “I want to speak to your supervisor!”
me “sure lets do that.”
them “What’s their name? I want to know their name first!”
me “You’ll be transferred to Helen Wait.”
them “Helen wait?”
me “Yep, you can sit on hold and go to Helen Wait.”

them “Look, do you have any idea who i am?”
me “Nope.”
them “I’m an IT consultant, I’m also a network administrator for blah blah.”
me “Awesome, I play counter-strike too!”

them “WHY DOESN’T MY EMAIL WORK!”
me “Well sir, on the internet when you speak in caps lock people see it as yelling, due to the fact that you are yelling at me I’m assuming perhaps you had your caps lock on when you entered your password? You cant yell your password in sir, it’s caps sensitive.”

them “Hi I can’t get on the internet and I just bought this mac”
me “AHA! I think we found the problem!”

them “Your email sucks! I get ALL THIS SPAM! How do i stop it.”
me “All of it? Hmmmm… not using the internet would be a start.”

them “Hey, I have a really stupid question?”
me “You came to the right place, I have a really stupid answer.”

them “UGH this is so frustrating… wow I would HATE to have your job.”
me “Ah, thats ok, I’d hate to have your intelligence level, I think we’re on the same level of understanding.”

YAY

:x Meh, I'll let that one slide.

Hmm… and you haven’t gotten fired yet? As cool as it may be to talk shit to stupid customers (believe me, when I used to work in customer service and fast food, I had the temptation to do it a lot), most businesses frown upon it and take “disciplinary action” when an employee does.

just to point somethign out… there’s are not thinks that koihoshi has said, but things that he thinks of saying (unless of course its his last day somewhere). I have personally worked in customer service and YES the level of intelligence out there is different from person to person. Theres a certain anticipation and dread in the randomness of what the next person on the phone is going to be like. I too have thought about saying things like what Derek has posted… Hell I even had a administrative manager (read board member) walk around the office saying “bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch… thats all these stupid customers do” and there was a lobby full of people.

btw…

them “RAHHHHH Do you have any IDEA how long I’ve been on hold? GGRRRRRR”
me “Apparently not long enough to cool off, hang on hit hold button

them “I want to speak to your supervisor!”
me “sure lets do that.”
them “What’s their name? I want to know their name first!”
me “You’ll be transferred to Helen Wait.”
them “Helen wait?”
me “Yep, you can sit on hold and go to Helen Wait.”

them “Look, do you have any idea who i am?”
me “Nope.”
them “I’m an IT consultant, I’m also a network administrator for blah blah.”
me “Awesome, I play counter-strike too!”

ROFLMAO!!!1

LOL dude, i have NEVER said this stuff to customers. I am EXTREMELY polite. I was JOKING, it was a joke, a ruse, a silly, thing called HUMOR. I love my job, I love my company but people get upset and frustrated and at the end of the day what cheers some people up? HUMOR!

I even said very specifically that these are not things we have said, would say but things that would be funny or witty to say back even though none of us would have the guts to do so.

Come on man… how many people at your work place say something related to work that is humorous, very very sarcastic, but don’t REALLY mean it.

I would NEVER endanger my job, say anything to a customer that would be unprofessional, impolite or otherwise hinder their perception of our business. These things I posted are simply things that are meant as humor, witty comebacks, not things I’ve actually said. If i said even one of these, yes, i’d be out of work. But give me a break…

I don’t really have anything against mac, but I thought it would be funny to say that.

Heh, I know. :smiley:

well if you put it THAT way…

MAC SUCKS! :evil: :smiley:

(gotta keep ya on yer toes)

Them “My name is blah blah. I’m an IT consultant, I’m also a network administrator for blah blah.”
Me: “So why can’t you figure out how to get online? Perhaps I should have your job!”

Them: I can’t seem to get online, can you help me?
Me: Sure. Please describe the way you try to connect and tell me what errors you get.
Them: I blah blah blah and get error blah
Me: Ok, great! What I will need you to do is first goto the “Start” button.
Them: I can’t be online and on the phone, I have only one phoneline.
pause
Me: That’s ok. You called up because you coudln’t get online in the first place.

LOL! I like that one!

See, back in one of the earlier revisions of the mac os, there was this program that allowed you to alter things about the system, like custom icons. Not just copy and paste mind you, but alter the way the system HANDLED icons. A friend of mine got into that, he customized all kinda silly fluff about the system. I walk over to his place one day and hear him yelling something to the effect of “i’ve programed computer code too ya know, so don’t talk to me like I’m computer illiterate!” SLAM goes the receiver. Aparently he was on tech support for his ISP and they had tried to get him to check the phone lines, and see if the jack was properly fitted into the modem. He really didn’t want to do it because it was behind stuff, but he sure as hell didn’t tell them. :smiley:

i actually used the I have a stupid ansewer.

Them; I have this green stuff coming from under my roof. What is it?
Me; Its mold sir.
Them; Mold?
Me; yes mold.
them; How did mold get under my roof?
Me; The contractor left his lunch under there when he put the roof on.

Sounds like “Here’s your sign” comebacks.

A semi was stuck under an underpass so a state trooper pulls up behind the semi.

Trooper: “…stuck under the bridge?”
Trucker: “Nope! I was delivering this overpass and I ran out of gas.”

-Here’s your sign.

So I locked my keys in the car in the mall parking lot. So I've got this coathanger slipped into the car to hit the powerlocks button. As I'm doing this, a guy is walking by...

Guy: “Locked your keys in the car?”
Me: “Nope! Just got the car washed and going to use this coathanger to hang it up to dry.”

-Here’s your sign.

Pulled into a gas station with a flat tire...

Attendant: “Got a flat tire?”
Me: “Nope! Was driving on 4 flats and the other 3 just swelled up on me!”

-Here’s your sign.

LOL those are all hilarious, roush I like yours, thats funny stuff. Contractor left his lunch, lol!

i like the last one “Nope, I was driving on 4 flats and the last 3 just swelled up on me!” LOLOLOL!