urethene gas tanks

have urethene gas tanks, to reduce weight on your zx2’s

you have them or are you suggesting that as a weight reduction idea?

Ooh, a lighter gas tank. Never thought of that.

i have them… lol also was working on modifying a 2000 cobra r fuel pump to fit our turbocharged and supercharged engines or a monster n/a engines, my step son gave me a nice gas bath to burns the stitches lol.

Hey Jay-R as soon as you get some extra time and your not as swamped could you weight the stock tank and your urethane one so we could have a difference. Also a price.

Thanks man,
Cody

will do ill measure one tomorrow sat.

Would that be ok to use in a winter area? How much?

I wonder how much weight it would really save? I mean, it’s pretty low down, and it’s pretty centered in the car. Would the 20 or so pounds you would lose be really worth it?

Any weight lost is worth it I think…

You can’t throw out weight distribution though.

True…

It probably won’t help that much with “neutral handling”, but 20 lbs off of a car that’s already as light as the ZX2 is pretty good for that little extra bit of help on straight line acceleration.

I’m not saying it’s not worth it, and I like weight loss also. I mean come on, I took out my back seats and everything in my car… LoL

It’s one thing to swap out a CF hood, change the battery, but changing out the gas tank would seem like an ass load of work, and I don’t think it would be all that much.

But hey, together with taking out all the other stuff, it’s one more thing that can be done to put it on a diet.

It's one thing to swap out a CF hood, change the battery, but changing out the gas tank would seem like an ass load of work, and I don't think it would be all that much.

Agreed. I wouldn’t take on this mod until your heavy into the mods.

True…im probably only going to do this mod after im spraying.