Tranny Woes.....

:shock: Hey guys, got home from work today to the delight of my brother's sad face as he informed me his Z no longer stays in 3rd gear, pops right out. Not suprisingly this comes almost immediately after mom drove the car for the day. Anyways, any idea as to what it would be? servos? fluid? or are we looking at doing a new tranny? Btw anybody have a 5spd tranny laying around they'd like to sell? Any help on this guys would be great.

My tranny has almost always had that but backwards, I have trouble gettin into 3rd. For me its syncronizers and i need a new clutch cause i can hardly do a burnout anymore. Clutch just slides, the other day i tried to w/ 3 other people in the car, and the clutch burnt up some and it smelt horrible. The last time i smelt the clutch was when i 1st started driving, 2 years ago.

Not servo’s duh, synchro’s, that’s what I meant, yeah not sure what’s the deal, if anyone’s got a tranny, i’m interested.

hey yellow, you can have my old clutch if you pay for shipping, its a little worn but not as bad as you speak of, I didn’t have any problems of doing a burn out, I just got the centerforce dual friction. Wait, ur name is yellow s/r, so i’m assuming you have the centerforce in there…and you wore it out??

Yea, Somehow, my dad owned the car b4 me. He slid the clutch alot, when we were in the car, i would call him a clutch burner. He would just say shutup. But yea now I have to deal w/ it and its $279 round hear for a new one. Plus installation. The tranny heats up really bad now cause it slips, If i drive more than 45 min, and it being more than 80*F, it is hard to get into 3rd. And now that its in the mid 90s, I can barely get in or out of any gear. I almost got stuck at a light b/c i couldnt get into 1st. Its fine when the car is first started, then 15 min later it starts.

Well the old clutch is yours if you really want it. otherwise it’s hittin’ the trash, i’d rather see someone use it, it’s probably got 30-40% life on it yet. If you’re interested send me ur addy and when I get it boxed up I’ll get you a shipping quote, wouldn’t think it’d be more than 10 bucks would you?

Thanks for the offer, but I think my parents are going to help me buy a new one, im a little short on money, Insurance, rims, system…

No problem, I know how that goes