Preservation of the engine.

So my parts car has saved my but on several occasions. Used the manifold for when I striped the head of a bolt off when changing my fuel injectors, took the header down to San Diego to trade for another tuner’s JBA, and due to my lacking of tools and time, sent the TB to yet another tuner for a port and polish. So I’m looking at the engine and thinking “gee, I wish I could ensure this thing stays in good condition.” What can I do to preserve the rest of it? Get a crane and just pull the whole thing, store it in my dad’s garage? Or is there anything I can do while its in the car? Wrap it in something?

does it have a hood? if not look into a tarp… take plastic and cover up the holes i.e. intake, exhaust, etc. just don’t leave it out in the elements. and watch out for squirriels/ rats they love to make nests in an engine bay and eat the wires.

It has a hood, just the intake and exaust ports are open.

Stuff the exposed ports with clean rags and cover with a couple layers of seran wrap plastic then apply tape.

Presto!

a lil foggin oil in the spark plug holes will keep the cylinder from rusting etc…appliy a slight amount spin the enengine over coats the cylinders

Stuff the exposed ports with clean rags and cover with a couple layers of seran wrap plastic then apply tape

I have always been told to use rags that have been soaked in a little oil. This is supposed to prevent critters from making a home out of your engine.