Porting and polishing the throttle body

I was just wondering if its possible to PnP a throttle body with sand paper. And if this is very effective for the guy that doesnt have the right tools to do a more professional job of PnP. Is there a write up of this? Also has anyone done this before?

use a dremel if you have one and grind down everything above the butterfly untill it looks like a straight flow. There should be no ridges in the TB when you are done. Just dont grind down too far or you will have to replace your TB altogether.

I made the mistake of grinding the whole TB so I need a replacement to finish that project. Also dont touch the edges of the butterfly. That wil allow too much air to by pass the TB.

After grinding use the sandpaper to smooth it out.

I was asking if I could do it with just sand paper since I dont have a dremel. Is it even possible or am I just talking out of my a**? :smiley:

How many years do you want to spend on this project?

:lol: hahahah I guess I have the answer to my question. I could have sworn I read somewhere that someone had done it though. Ahh well guess not. Wouldnt be the first time I was wrong.
...I dont have a dremel.

Do you have a clamp and an drill? You can get bits that will help you dremel and bits that will sand it down for you. Total cost: $5-$10. Just gotta take your time.

Those are tools I do have. Thats funny, I never thought about that. I guess it would make sense to actually have bits that could do that. Where would I find such a bit?

You can get them at your local hardware store.

Cool beans. Looks like I have a trip to make. Ill tell you guys how it goes when I do it.

I’m eagerly awaiting to see how this turns out. I’m considering porting mine too.

use a ball hone used to finished an engine block cylinder hone…