Performance upgrade tutorial in stages

Ya know, it kind of bothers me that everyone just tosses the ATX aside like it’s a giant, steaming pile of crap. As long as you keep the fluid good, you shouldn’t have too many problems with the ATX. Some people don’t have the option to get the MTX- some people don’t know how to drive one, and some people can’t drive a manual for other reasons. When I got my ZX2, I couldn’t use my left leg, so a manual was out of the question, now that I’m fixed up, I could get one, but if I’m driving everywhere all the time, I don’t want one because I’m scared of putting all that stress on my bad leg.

Ya know, it kind of bothers me that everyone just tosses the ATX aside like it's a giant, steaming pile of crap. As long as you keep the fluid good, you shouldn't have too many problems with the ATX.

Amen Brother!

:-D

I agree. My ATX Z treats me pretty good. I did want a MTX but there just wasn’t one for the price and with everything else that I wanted at the time.

-Miranda

both the ATX and the MTX have their advantages and disadvantages. For someone in your case who had no choice due to a medical condition your limited. For someone like me, I chose to get a MTX with no experience knowing how to drive one, and learned driving it home from the dealership.

For someone like me, I chose to get a MTX with no experience knowing how to drive one, and learned driving it home from the dealership.

…needless to say, Marks routine oil replacement included replacing the clutch.

Kidding!

clutch oil and engine oil are different???

Don’t worry Mark, I still get radiator and washer fluid mixed up.

roflmao… the funny part of that…early this spring I thought I had opened my washer fluid cap to put fluid in. I got done putting the fluid in, looked down and saw that the tank was still empty. I was like wtf!!! I then looked over and noticed the radiator overflow tank ‘overfull’…

Oh man, I was just kidding around.

You probably should have kept that story to yourself, lol.

hence the reason I did a radiator flush when you started talking about doing one. Not sure what the washer fluid would have done in there…

mmmmmmmmm. Smell that? Thats high grade ammo for latter use!

I’m not real pleased with my zxtuner short shifter, but have not driven other shifters, like the B&M. There’s also an adjustable shifter available that got rave reviews from a number of other members at Teamzx2.

Newcomers also ought to consider some simple weight reduction mods for their cars.
Less mass = more acceleration.