NEWBIE HUNTIN FOR ELEC. SCEM. FOR SPEEDO OR KIT

SUP Y’ALL! I SAW THE 150 MPH REVERSE GLOW KIT@ ZX2NER.COM AWHILE AGO,BUT CAN’T LOCATE IT ANYMORE. I KNOW S/R ECU UPGRADE ON MY 98 WOULD DO IT, BUT B.O.B. (BALLINONABUDGET=) I’M HALF-ASSED MECHANICALLY INCLINED, SO I JUST CONSIDERED PUTTIN THE CRAP TOGETHER (LIKE POTS OR MILS.) ANY WHERE YOU COULD ADVISE ME TO ACQUIRE THE SCHEMATIC OF THE SYSTEM ADD-ON THAT CAME W/ ZXTUNER’S UPGRADE? I DON’T GIVE TOO MUCH OF A CRAP ABOUT REVERSE GLOW/ MAYBE AN ALUM. BEZEL, BUT I DONT THINK THE WHITE FACE (WHEN UNLIT) LOOKS QUITE RIGHT W/ MY INTERIOR. LOOK FORWARD TO KEEPING UP ON INFO W/ Y’ALL!

CHANGED UDP& ODP TODAY. LOOKS LIKE THE WEATHER’& BUDGET IS GONNA ALLOW MORE HEADWAY TO BEING TO COMFORTABLE RACING POINT. I KNOW MY JUNK HITS 130 OR BETTER, NOW, BUT I DON’T WANT JONNY LAW-DOG TELLING ME WHAT MY TOP SPEED IS (CUZIDUZDIS=). THIS SEEMED LIKE A CONSIDERABLY WELL INFORMED SITE AND GENEROUS WITH KNOWLEDGE OF Z’S. HAVE I THROWN A CURVE-BALL QUESTION? CHECKED UP JUST NOW AND 9 VIEWS,BUT NADA FOR REPLIES.

MAYBE SOMEBODY’S GOT THE ECU FROM AN S/R SITTIN AROUND FOR DAMN NEAR DIRT CHEAP?

don’t use all caps

first off … the general langauge around here is english not ebonics. secondly to get the 150mph speedo you need the s.r gauge cluster not the ecu.if you just get the gauge overlays it will cause your actual mph to be off by alot. the sr pcm/ecu allows for more hp and no speed limiter, which means that your not hitting more then 106 if i remember the top speed limiter correctly. also you shouldnt go faster then that any way unless its on a track and you have excellent suspension/tire set up and are a good/top notch driver.

and on a side note … what happened to our little web group? i like the added number of people but it seems like we may be getting a few more ricers on here then before but maybe thats just me

HKS is right. Try to type clearly so that we can understand what you are talking about. that might help with getting a few more replies when you ask a question. also DO NOT use capitals. it is considered YELLING and plain annoying if you type in all capitals.

and since nobody has done it yet…

Welcome to ZX2MS! we hope you stick around, mechanically inclined or not. we all try to learn from each other here. there is no tolerance for trouble makers and most off-colour comments are made in jest.

Stick to the rules and you will soon become part of the family. Again Welcome to ZX2MS.

I did 136mph on my stock tires and swirlies 3 days ago.

The stock speed limiter is set for 101 mph and that is because the tires that came with the vehicle stock were rated at 106 mph. So you were in the ballpark HKS.

DOUGIESTYLE, welcome to the site.

You don’t necessarily have to get a S/R PCM. Though a S/R PCM would be cheaper, you might want to look a getting a SCT X2. With that little device, you can Flash your PCM to be an S/R and modify other code for your PCM. Best price I’ve seen was $349. But this device will carry you further through your mods.

101 Mirror? I know i have done well over 101… do you mean 107?

I found that out from Car & Driver’s online magazine about 3 years ago. Seems that the stock tires the Zx2 came on were only rated for 106 mph. So to make sure they keep you safe, they put a limiter at 101 mph. It really sucked because I was chasing down a Taurus SHO, and when I hit 100 mph, there was nothing left, but could tell that there was. Though I’m driving a ATX, maybe it’s different on the MTXs.

thats quite possible

when i had my governor in my atx, it shut off at 107. now with my chip its around 115-120 where it starts to die

Mine was 107 as well with MTX, now that I hooked up an inline switch to the governor wire I can do 136 mph.

Welcome to the site, and please don’t use all caps any more, and try to use English more than ebonix…it’ll get you further with fewer sarcastic replies.

ZXTuner did have some sort of something that would allow the 150 overlay be correct, but it would screw up the odometer which would affect your milage, and may be illegal in some states/situations.

Like they said, the PCM is for performance, not the guages. It’s the actual cluster from an S/R that you need, because all the componants to read the sensors from the engine regarding speed, RPM, temp ‘n’ such are in the cluster itself not the PCM.

Again, welcome and keep your CAPS LOCK turned off (no light). Good luck with your pots mods and as others have stated, if you’re going to push the speed barrier of your car…do it only after you’ve upgraded your supsension, rims/tires. I would recommend the S/R drop as the minimum suspension upgrade, and 17" rims with performance tires (tires rated for maximum speed you intend to acheive…for info on that see tirerack.com)

• Darron

I guess I will have to try it out for myself.

… see performance upgrades post for orig. reply to this thread.-had problems- computer dumbf;/.-i am.
otherwise, you guys are off base and maybe i wasn’t specific enough- it’s the module that connected to the ignition speed sens. and veh. speed sens., i believe. anyway it recalibrates the speedo to 150.
p.s. some of you are a bit pissy about this whole pol. corr. text—see new thread on mods, please.

DUH DUH DUH i pulled out an old packing slip from zxtuner to see if my username was written on it cause-DUH i forgot it- short term mem. loss= where did i put my note pad. so, i see this cust. svc.# and i call and this human named mark, i think (who’dathunkit? :roll: ) says to me: look in performance electronics= DUH DUH DUH
fyi-$189.99 :oops:

I’m not hatin’ on ya, just so you know. It’s just kinda difficult to understand the points you were trying to get across. And I’ll admit I don’t have perfect grammar/english and will toss in some slang, but if it’s not real common or clear I’ll usually add what I mean. But welcome, according to your other post you seem to have a wicked good start on your mods. Good luck and hope you stick around, we’re not really that hard to get along with! :slight_smile:

• Darron