Mustang concept

http://www.autoblog.com/media/2006/11/g_mustang_1280_01.jpg

I thinks it looks like the Camaro concept.

I have not seen the Camero concept. It does look slicker than snot though.

I like that they are coming up with a concept Mustang, but I don’t like the front fascia on this one. To me the headlamps are too small and pulled back. The top looks transparent which is cool and the back end look good for a spoiler. But I’m not being rubbed the right way with that front-end. With that fascia it doesn’t look like it establishes its presence on the road.

That hood looks like it was stolen from the Charger Daytona R/T, but not as wide.

I’ve seen other pics of it, that top is clear all the way to the back. Must have a great effect when riding at night.

I like it but it does look very much like the Camaro and Challenger concepts. They are going to retro/futuristic

I dont really lke it. Looks too much like the Charger or the Camaro concept. Coming out with it uner the name of a Mustang may be a big mistake IMO especially since ford just came out with the current gen Mustang. with a few changes though to make it something truely new and refreshing I think that Ford should name it something else and give this car nothing less than a V-8. Knowing ford though hey wouldnt try to compete against there beloved 'stang. Just my $0.02 though.

Thats not a Mustang Ford designed. Thats just a famous Italian designing firm’s car they did. Ford has nothing to do with that.

Here is a link to a video of the Concept Mustang.

Ba-da ba baa baaa…I’m lovin’ it.

• Darron

Finally a mustang with projector headlights!!! :smiley:

I believe I just saw this in the latest Motor Trend issue. I believe it was designed by an Italian design firm which was their first stab at designing an American car. It probably won’t see the light of day unless you have like 600,000 burning in your pocket.

As cool as that glass roof is, no thanks. All your weighting on is one crack. then it’s all done.

I see RX8 semi-350z in the back, semi sort of fastback windows, 90s mustang cobra facia, camaro charger front and corvette door styling with lambo doors. I’m not diggin’ it.

Whats up with those side mirrors, they look like someone could breathe on them the wrong way and theyd snap off. I agree with Mirror, it doesnt stand out. It looks like a rip off of the camaro. I wish the front was more agressive. Something that says FORD MUSTANG! Not “Is that a Camaro or something else?”

• D-Block

From what I gleaned from the article is that this was based off the new Mustang but significantly reworked as far as aero goes with a longer wheelbase for higher high speed stability, say 190+ MPH. Even though there have not been any talks but the design company mentioned that it had hopes of being tapped to perhaps design the next generation. This was just something to get them noticed at Dearborn. Oh, and did I mention that this just happens to be a daily driver and not a showcar special?