Mustang 19lb Fuel Injectors

I asked all the same questions. I was told that they were the same lbs. I said no way…they look totally different, but I was wrong. They are the same lbs.

So why “upgrade” to the same 19lb. injectors you had in the first place? The difference is in the atomization and the volume that can flow thorugh them.

OK, I put F6VE-A5A injectors in my 1999 zx2, they are 19# injectors from a 5.0 94-95 mustang gt. When I installed the injectors the long term fuel trims on my car went to negitive 17%, this means they flow 17% more fuel than the stock injectors. Therefore the injectors that came stock on the car could not have been 19#'s or the fuel trims would of stayed the same.

not necessarily. It would depend on how effecient the injector is at atomizing the fuel wouldnt it? Since the injectors from the mustang are made for a performance car, and the ones in the zx2 are made for economy, I would assume that the 17% different could/would be a normal difference between the two sets of 19# injectors.

no a 17% difference a right below setting a check engine light, injector difference of the same size usually wont show up on fuel trims anyway because there constantly being changed in small amounts to begin with, let me put it this way if it went 17% percent positive you would have to have a vacuum leak that was huge, when my pcv hose rotted and fell off the back of the manifold leaving a 3/4" hole in it the fuel trims only went to a little less than 20 and set a light. so thre is a big difference