Income Tax Return

You meah you drive an automatic? yick… well, you could always swap.

she could always do a level 10 tranny.
and whats wrong w/ atx :x

Yeah…what’s wrong with an ATX?

I’m 6 foot tall, which is average for males, so that means I barely fit in the Zx2. The steering well is all the way up and my thighs still rub. The seat is pretty far back and reclined, so no friend of mine can fit behind me. So the back bench a big cushion shelf for me.

Now they didn’t make it easy for guys my size by putting the shifter so low. To reach the shifter out of Park I have to bend my back a little. It would be so awkward reaching for the shifter and pushing the clutch in. So a MTX would drive me crazy and forget about getting a short shifter. I guess that’s why I don’t mind my Talon being a MTX, because the shifter is already chest high.

Level 10 would be the way to go if you have an ATX.

Nothing wrong with a level 10, but you can’t squeeze much out of a level STOCK auto, you’ll need a level 20 wizard for a level stock tranny with lots of hp because it’ll take MAGIC for it not to bust :slight_smile:

Stock is stock and can only hold so much. It’s like squeezing a grapefruit, you keep squeezing with your bare hands, you can squeeze it a bit, but apply too much force and it’ll go POP and crap goes everywhere. My boss I worked with used to say “An engine is like a balloon, except with 2 holes instead of one, the more you get into it the bigger it gets, you have to balance what goes in with what goes out, you push it too far and POP, the tranny is no different, it’s only as strong as the middle man putting it to the ground, most the time the middle man is where your weakness lies.”

A little modification to stock auto won’t hurt but going into making it a race car and she’ll have to spend the money on what you did, you said yours is rated at 300hp, but that’s a level 10, not stock :slight_smile: I’d still rather drive a stick but to each his own, auth a level 10 auto i can only imagine how nice that would be for drag and consistent shifts, hehe.

I’m 5’10", i hear ya, my head touches the ceiling.

I’d swear the car was made for people who are 4’10" to 5’6".

LOL, this is true. My fiance drives it every now and then and she’s about 5’4" - 5’6", she’s short, much shorter than me and fits in it like it was made for her. Somehow though I have managed to drive my friend’s Miata which is wayyyy smaller than the ZX2 with no trouble, though my knees were at the steering column… I love small cars though.

I’m about 5’11" and I love the Z. I keep the seat at the factory recline, though it’s pushed all the way back…I fit fine…my hair will hit the headliner sometimes, but other than that…

• Darron

i find it so uncomfortable straight up and down! Im 5’8" and have hit my head on the ceiling going over some bad bumps. even when reclined.

When I got into the accident with my red 02 zx2 I never even touched the airbag I was back so far…

level 10 is the way to go if you have an automatic. there might be a shift kit out there other then the level 10 but im not aware of any that are specific to our trannies.

1st of all, im almost 6’1" and my legs are close to the steering wheel. My seat has like 3-5 notches left before it is slid back all the way and my seat isnt very tilted. Now explain to me how you are 5’10" and your head touches the ceiling… I have a good 2" between my head and ceiling. Are you sitting STRAIGHT up? Otherwise you would have to be in the back seat to hit the ceiling.

Indeed i do sit straight up, I don’t feel comfortable sitting way back all leaned “gangster like” i like to sit up.

I dont sit “straight” back or with a “gangsta lean.” Its not very tilted.

im not saying what im doing in the backseat!!! lol!!!

I said over bad bumps i hit the celing which is good cause I try not to hit bad bumps.

Before you start flaming people Yellow, remember not everyone is the same proportionally.

If you have short arms and longer legs, you are going to sit differently than someone with short legs and long arms. It’s whatever you feel comfortable with. By no means does that mean have your head vertically over the steering wheel or reclined so far back you are looking out your moon roof.

If I push my leg straight that would put the pedal to fht floor, so I might be a little closer than you. But I don’t like my arms completely bent with only a foot between me and the steering wheel (Picture a little old granny style).

I don’t think he’s flaming, just confused as am I. Just seems hard to believe that someone the same height (or shorter) can be rubbing the headliner when I(we) aren’t.

• Darron

I always claim one less than actual…this year claimed two on W-4, three on file…next year will be 3 and four when filing…you get more back during the year, but it insures that you will not pay at the end of the year…

I’m 5’4 so no problems here! :smiley: but anyways… this level 10 business… cost?? i really just want acceleration… no top speed needed… and yes i drive an automatic… mainly bc i dont know how to drive a stick… never tried…

If you don’t believe that when I sit straight up that my head touches then I can take pictures if it’s an all-mighty wonder of the universe, lmao

i think they were talking about me. but it is true I have hit the headliner before going over some big bumps.

More than $200.

Try $2464.00 for a “bulletproof” stage 2 transmission from Level 10.
The torque converter is $698.00

However, roush said it’s a mix of level 10 and focus parts or something? So I’m not sure how his is, but you’re looking at over $2000 easy. I was told by “dropped ZX2” off of team zx2 who has built his to roughly 300whp that he had an auto that held about 160-170hp before it busted where as his mtx held nearly 250hp without it breaking. He has modified things since then.