Hurricane

The hurricane hit my area pretty bad. I’ve been without power for almost a week now and it will probably be another week( I’m writing this on a borrowed computer). There are trees and power lines down all over the place. If you want to buy gas in my town, you have to wait in line for about 2 or 3 hours. People are literally shooting each other for bags of ice! I’ve never been through anything like this before. I live about an hour and a half from the gulf, so I can’t even imagine what it’s like for people down there.

We sat and watched the storm monday morning thinking it would be just another tropical storm. The wind got stonger and stonger, and then the news said that we were going to get hit directly by the hurricane. We started to get scared then! I live in an area with a lot of trees, and around lunch time we just watched trees getting blown over all over the place. We kept waiting for one to hit the house. I tried to take pictures the next day, but I had to stop. They don’t even capture the damage since everything is so torn up you can’t even tell what you’re looking at. Me and my family were so fortunate.

I can’t believe what happend to New Orleans. I was born around there and I’ve spent a lot of time in that city. It’s hard for me to comprehend. Please pray for everyone in this region.

im sorry for what your going thru … i hope you and your family get thru this ok… if theres any thing i can do or donate … please let me know …

Bobby my friend,

Take care of you and your family. I can only imagine the catastrophy that is down there. If there is anything that we can do to help you get through this, let us know.

What water is available for you to use, boil it. What food is there, ration it. Dont risk your life in other ways in surviving this. I dont advocate gun violence, but get yourself a piece to incase of an emergency. I am glad to see that you were able to get a connection and let us know how your doing. Keep in touch, and let us know how your dealing with this.

Again, let us know what we can do to help!!!

Our thoughts and Prayers are with you!

DUDE!!! Glad you are alright! Katrina coverage is plastered over not only American channels, but British TV as well. I’ve never seen anything like that. Even Andrew wasn’t this bad.

Wow! glad to hear you okay! But what about the car? j/k…but yeah, what they said. You need something your brothers here will help you out without question, bud. You ask and you’ll get it.

• Darron

Well my power came back on :stuck_out_tongue: That was a major break! A church group came over and helped me clear the yard yesterday, so that saved me a lot of work!

The car is fine! I just hope gasoline production goes up! It’s not as bad now, but it takes work to find gas around here!

Thanks for your prayers. I know they work!

AWESOME! Good to hear! I can only imagine your relief when power was restored and your yard was cleaned up. Glad the 6 made it through okay too, that woulda stank. You just got it last month! Cool. I hope everything continues to work out for ya, we’re thinkin’ 'bout you.

• Darron

Yay!! So glad that things are starting to get better for ya!! :stuck_out_tongue: Our thoughts and prayers are with ya hun.

-Miranda