how low?

please dont think im stupid but how low can one lower a zx2 before it screws up the alignment?

anytime you modify the suspension you should have the wheels re-aligned. Lowering 1" might not be a critical drop, but it will affect your alignment.

I installed my S/R drop at a Caddy dealership (my bro-in-law works there) and we did the install on the alignment rack. After the install it was still in the green.

• Darron

Ah ah ah! DEPENDS!

Sometimes lowering the car will cause a negative camber. however, for some people that’s desirable for things like autocross. For daily driving it sucks.

Best thing to do is to have an alignment done and if you don’t like how it is, adjust it yourself to what you want however you can.

Either way, modifying your suspension the slightest changes things so really doing much of anything will change something to some degree. If you gotta ask and you don’t want to align it in the near future, don’t touch it, plain and simple.

I lowered mine quite a bit, not a ton, i think it was a 1.6 or 1.7" drop but it was fine when I took it in.

If you’re that worried about it, you can just install some adjustable camber plates when lowering. The most important part is when reinstalling the assembly is to have the “nipple” at the top of the strut in the same direction as when you took it out. There’s really no adjustability to our factory set up to “realign” it honestly… Other than brute force of hitting stuff… I say that because we were gonna adjust everything to dead center, but the instructions on the rack simply said what I did. So if you get that nipple back in the same spot you should be golden (or green depending on how you wanna look at it. :slight_smile: )

• Darron

Anytime you lower the Z you sould use camber bolts. When doing alingments on any lowered auto the turm “Within Tallorance” is used alot. This means may not be perfect for tire life, but it’s safe to drive.

That’s a good point. I haven’t experienced any funky tire wear since the drop, but it’s only the S/R drop so not real drastic.

• Darron
Anytime you lower the Z you sould use camber bolts. When doing alingments on any lowered auto the turm "Within Tallorance" is used alot. This means may not be perfect for tire life, but it's safe to drive.
That's a good point. I haven't experienced any funky tire wear since the drop, but it's only the S/R drop so not real drastic.
  • Darron

I HAVE!!! lol! 2 sets of tires a year is rediculous. I really need to invest in those camber bolts, but money is tight at the moment and I always seem to be able to come up with the money for new tires, go figure.

Hey Iron let me look in my garrage to see if I have any extra

So wait, you have the Ebach springs and you are experiencing drastic tire wear, or you have lower than the Ebach and are experiencing drastic tire wear?

Lower. Im running Sprints.

its also my lack of tire maintenance in there too… shame on me. im trying better with these new tires.

Lire :smiley:

HA! Have you SEEN Mark’s wheel gap? Or lack of one. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

no, show me a pic…

http://www.318am.com/images/zx2/july06/index.html

Enjoy Hondastomper!

ummm… are those the stock height of the sprints, or did you cut them?

stock height. I wont risk doing something like cutting them.

How is the ride quaulity, are they realy ruf

I lowered my car with Eibach Pro-Kit springs on Bilstein struts, and found that the alignment was way out right out of the shop. Got a camber kit, and had an alignment done, and voila! perfect handling. All said, I lowered the car a total of 2.5", and it was totally out of whack! I’d highly recommend an alignment with any suspension work, anyway. For the cost ($80), it really didn’t add much to the cost of the total suspension overhaul.
Besides, I’d rather scrub the tread off my tires at the track, not everyday on the road! :slight_smile:

I honestly haven’t used any other spring so I wouldn’t know to compare them. compared to stock the ride is rougher, but thats to be expected.

I lowered my car with Eibach Pro-Kit springs on Bilstein struts, and found that the alignment was way out right out of the shop. Got a camber kit, and had an alignment done, and voila! perfect handling. All said, I lowered the car a total of 2.5", and it was totally out of whack! I'd highly recommend an alignment with any suspension work, anyway. For the cost ($80), it really didn't add much to the cost of the total suspension overhaul. Besides, I'd rather scrub the tread off my tires at the track, not everyday on the road!

2.5"?? you mean 1.5"?