Haven't heard this issue described yet....

I just traded for my first zx2, i’m typically a honda guy, but i like the looks of the zx2’s and it was a good deal. When i got the car he told me it had a trans issue, i spoke with his mechanic and he said they replaced the trans and its doing the EXACT same issue. ITs an auto trans, and when pulling out, cannot pull out in drive, will not go into gear, must put into low feather throttle or it will shake and jerk horribly, then shift into D, then OD and once moving, acts fine i only drove it about 20 minutes then parked it in fear of damaging worse. also, speedo doesnt work, he said it wasnt hooked back up, i check what looked like the speed sensor, on the top driver side of the tranny, has a 2wire elec connection and looks like it could have another round connector on top. not really sure where to start. btw trans fluid is full and pink not black or brown.

Not a slush box guy myself… but, you did describe the sped sensor… also what parts did you reuse from the old trani… I have a couple of idea’s but dont want to jump to conclusions…

that speed sensor has to be properly connected for the trans to get the correct signals from the pcm, so i’d start my quest for repair at that point first. then once all parts are where they are supposed to be, run a code scan and see if anything is coming up.

now is also a good time to buy a factory repair book as well as the electrical/vacuum troubleshooting book. you can find both on ebay for a few sheckles.

Get the speed sense issue fixed, our '2 trannys are electric dependent and vehicle speed sense is a critical input. That being said, consider this. When the vehicle is stationary, i.e. idling in drive, the vehicle should be in gear no matter what forward position the shifter is in because there is no speed input signal when you are stopped. Make sure that the transmission control harness connector is properly seated on the transaxle. Make sure the fluid is not over filled and double check the shift cable adjustment.