Gauge Install

i have a set of white face gauges that i want to install. i tryed to look it up on here but i couldnt find it. please help. thanks

Are they merely guage covers?

• Darron

yes but they have a thing to change the color of the back light

Well…I can’t help you with the wiring. But you obviously need to get the guage cluster out to put the guages on.

Start with the little piece between the steering column and the guages. Pry it out.

Then you need to take off the panel below the steering wheel. You’ll have to loosen the nut holding the hood release on and disconnect the trunk release if equipped. It’s been a long time since I’ve been under there…I think there’s a couple bolts to take out as well, but it mostly snaps into place.

Then you need to take the surround off. That has at least two bolts at the bottom of it, but it mostly is held on by snaps.

The cluster itself is pretty obvious to get out. I beleive four bolts hold it in place, but there are two electrical connectors on the back and I know one’s a P.I.T.A. to get off/on…for me at least, if you have really small/skinny arms it might not be an issue.

That’s about as far as I’ve gotten before, I don’t remember if the cover is held on by torx screws or just regular screws, but that part should be pretty intuitive. Now if someone else can help you with the electrical taps you’re set.

• Darron

thank you ill try it and let you know how it went

I’m about to get a custom face as well, and I’d like to know how you wired it up.