fuel injectors

ok so heres the thing im going throught some old car parts i have and come across 19# yellow tops and my old factory 19# grays the gray oem ones seem to have larger openings 4 the feul one big one at the top and two on the bottom
the yellow has a triangle set op at the top and 4 small openings ayt the bottom so heres the questrion did the 98 have bigger 19#ers or what

The only difference would be the spray pattern, and that affects atomization.

I did change my fuel injectors to Mustang injectors and have been happy with them since.

What year mustang can we get these injectors out of? Also what year mustang can i get a bigger MAF that is calibrated for 19#'s out of?

Well…logic would say you can get the MAF out of the same Mustang you get the injectors… I could be wrong, but I don’t know the years anyway.

• Darron

The 19# injectors came from a '96 Mustang. But really any year will do it for you.

The MAF on the Mustang has the 4 pin setup. If you have have the 6 pin setup, you will need to get a MAF from a more recent year, 2000 and newer.
If you can’t recalibrate the computer, the MAF change will hurt your performance.

Please also note that the Zx2 also has 19# injectors. It is the way that the Mustang injectors atomize the fuel for a better burn.

This upgrade will allow run straight through 70mph. If you haven’t upgraded these; next time you are out, try to floor it to 80mph. You will notice at 70mph, it seems like you hit a wall of air, but after 75mph she’ll pick up again.

wait…if i get a 2000+ MAF and have stock 19lb injectors…it will hurt my performance.

wait...if i get a 2000+ MAF and have stock 19lb injectors...it will hurt my performance.

I see where you misunderstood me. You mentioned using a bigger MAF. The next size up from our is the 70mm MAF. You don’t want to use a bigger MAF unless you recalibrate your computer.

No. If you get a 4pin or 6pin 70mm MAF without recalibrating your computer, you will hurt your performance.

Without Technical mumbo-jumbo:
Just get 19# injectors from a Mustang. Don’t get the bigger MAF, yours is fine.

will the mustang injectors help me out at all?

will the mustang injectors help me out at all?

Yes.

Please also note that the Zx2 also has 19# injectors. It is the way that the Mustang injectors atomize the fuel for a better burn.

This upgrade will allow run straight through 70mph. If you haven’t upgraded these; next time you are out, try to floor it to 80mph. You will notice at 70mph, it seems like you hit a wall of air, but after 75mph she’ll pick up again.

What are some good inexpensive sources for mustang injectors?

Would the stock injectors out of a junkyard mustang be best or is there an inexpensive aftermarket source of injectors from say bosch?

Obviously going from #19 to #19 is not a drastic upgrade so it would be good if it wasnt drasticly expensive.

So thats what that was. Phew. I was getting worried something was about to break.

So what year mustang can we get the better 19lb injectors out of? and what model?

Two inexpensive places are a Junkyard or Ebay.
Anything from the Mustang 5.0 till todays model. I got mine from a '96.
You will need to purchase some new O-Rings. ($3.00).

So i can get some from like a 90-93 GT 5.0…

Absolutely. Because fuel injectors haven’t changed that much in years.

A couple of months ago, I purchased my injectors on Ebay. In the auction I bought 13. Don’t ask why the strange number because I’m not sure myself. But if you want, I’ll sell them to you for the cost of shipping them +$5 (#10 Meal at BK, lol). If you are interested, send me MESSAGE so we can exchange addresses.

Nah sorry man…i can get the from the j/y here for free.

Nah sorry man...i can get the from the j/y here for free.

Ok…good. But now you know what to look for.

Yeah…thank you for the info.

I appreciate the offer mirrorguardian but I am up in Vancouver BC so shipping cost would murder compared to a visit to the junkyard.