Focus SVT tranny swap

Quick question guys, would a 6 speed SVT tranny out of a Focus bolt to our cars? Cause that’d be sweet to get one out of a junk yard or on ebay. I couldn’t imagine that its that different from a 5 speed. Is the engine block different on an SVT?

In my head, it should work, but I don’t know.

• Darron

You see now normally Foos I would take your word for it, but if you noticed underneath your name you have this line that says:

WARNING! I probably have no idea what I’m saying, doing or thinking…you have been formally warned.

So I’m just going to call bullshit on what you just wrote, lol!

Thats probably a good call lol … just playin with ya man, we all know you try.

lol! Yes! I put that in my sig when I first joined way back in like…02 or something like that, and just left it in there. I know a whole lot more, but there are still some things that I have no clue about. I would think they’d fit because I understand they make the engine block for the tranny. Now, unless the Focus has a different block (which I highly doubt) it should work. Although it is the SVT, it’s possible… Could always call up your local dealer and ask…

• Darron

Yeah I would think it would work, just would be a question if the shift linkage is similar, guess I’ll call my ford dealer, see what’s up. Wouldn’t that be tight to have the 6spd in our cars? What do you guys think?

Six speeds are pretty sweet, I really like the focus’ with the euro package six speed. Had reverse as the left most gear just thought it was cool to see. Would the axles have to be switched out for a swap I wonder?

Yep…your axles would have to be swapped. Possibly(probably) even the front hubs too.

Hey scott what’s different about the axles and hubs? different splines? So if I stole the tranny with the axle/hub assembly out of an SVT you think I’d be ok?

I posted as Guest by the way, didn’t know you could actually post as a guest, I thought I was signed in

I don’t know about everything. I DO know that the axles will be different though…meaning the hub assembly very well may be different too.

the svt tranny will not work. the angle of the tranny is wrong in relation to the car. You can make it fit but but you will have to move the tranny mts and part of the front inner fender and lower cross member on the driver side. One of the members on teamzx2.com tryed it but it didn’t work out. I met him at 2004 NEM last year he told me about how big a headache it was.

does the svt tranny bolt up to the duratec v6? i know they share linkage cuz the short shifter for all of the cars is the same

NEM '04!? In OHIO!? I was there! I’m the one that blew the tranny!!! :oops:

• Darron

(Soory for the post whoring… :oops: )

I thought you want people to forget that?

Yeah, I remember you. I think I got that on video still. Don’t feel bad, my tranny is going out too.

• Jay

we are currently working on akit with all needed adapters and hardware.

Please keep us informed.