CAI

What intake do they come with stock?

the stock intake isnt a good one. Unless it’s a s/r model then it has a Iceman or Roush intake. It is easy to modify the factory intake for more power take out the lower section of the intake that goes into the fender around where it says air filter. Then there is a wierd looking box at the top of the intake near where it goes into the engine . take it out and replace w/ a piece of pvc pipe or metal pipe (Home Depot) should have what u need .(e-bay mighyt have the pipe as a intake for the zx2)

There u go a intake for around 20$

BS it isn’t good stock! The only thing holding it back is the resonators, it has a good setup, a good location and isn’t an airbox sitting in the middle of the car’s engine like some cars, it’s pretty damn close to CAI stock, but with resonators and the like, it’s well engineered.

Your best bet if you don’t want to bother buying $200 intake which is an awful lot is to get an iceman setup, keep your stock airbox and cut the end.

OR if you want to spend $10 and get a nice overall improvement…

Get a 2.5" piece of muffler tubing, have the end flared to 2 7/8" and yank out the upper resonator and replace it with the muffler tubing. Smoother airflow, less restriction… nice improvement. Then remove the lower resonator (which can be done by removing the bolts holding the end of the intake which is sort of by your battery) and just yank that sucker out, then hack the end off so the air element is a bit exposed, and then stuck a K&N dropin filter in there.

Honestly, if you do an iceman it’ll be a nice improvement over stock, even doing the air resonator mod is a huge improvement over stock, you don’t get that “hot boggy feeling” when teh car gets hot in the summer, it runs better.

You won’t notice a HUGE difference between a $200 intake and doing the iceman or resonator mod besides the raspy sound, as far as throttle response and horsepower, doing any of the setups will be the same, the most you’d see between a $200 intake and the resonator mod is like 2hp difference. Which, 2hp won’t make or break a race, seriously.

i know that the girl said she’s on a budget thats why i gave the ino on the resinator i only sais about the ineman because she said what came stock

The stock tubing on the throttle body to the tip isn’t really that bad but it could be better if it didn’t have the bobbled tubing where it turns (kind of like crappy stock bend vs a mandrel bend on exhaust). But doing the upper and lower resonator and a K&N will cost you maybe $40, good improvement.

wow you are typical GUYS! lol… you argue over whos right and wrong. Anyways im printing out your responses… i kinda have a team of my own… well a team of guys who like working on cars and like me… i think its a pretty good deal…a lot of free work… but anyways… lol… they didnt know much about my car bc many dont have it… so therefore im on here getting info. this is gonna be BAD ASS!!

dont worry about it nikki koihoisi and i are friends or at least were aquanted w/ each other another reasonable cheap mod is the 98 valve cover its not a performance mod but it looks nice under the hood. Not that the 99 thru 03 isnt nice just the 98’s is powered coated white and has a spark plug cover

http://x4.putfile.com/1/2319335742-thumb.jpg

Exactly, I have no issues with this guy, we’re just fussing over intake is all :slight_smile: It’s “intelligent constructive discussion”. lol

basically all i can say to you… if you can dish it you need to be able to take it… look im here for my car… thats it… i mean a little humor is involved… and im sorry… but you seem to be the smartass of the board so i was showing you i can be to. basically if you wanna down talk me… dont talk to me… there are plenty of other people here who actually try to help… and as for the things you said that are helpful… thanks… the other flak… you can take it and shove it up your ass… k? byee

Smartass of the board? lol I think you should be here a bit longer before you decide that :wink: The “others” are just giving you time to adjust before they dish it out. :lol: A week isn’t long enough to decide that trust me, be glad you aren’t on a larger board.

cant we all just get along ?

Group hug!

kiss kiss

awww you make me blush blink blink :oops:

~fart~…I didn’t do it!

• Darron

okay… who squeezed Darron too hard???

wow… umm… not quite sure what to say… intersting maybe? lol…

What is wrong with you people?? :roll:

Everything that can be. :lol:

thats very very true :slight_smile: